Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bronx Mowgli and other dumb baby names

Today I have found out that Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz filed for divorce. Although I am sad for them, the news reminded me of their child's awful name. Bronx Mowgli Wentz.

While sharing this name with a Good Friend of mine, we decided that if love should bring Ashlee and Pete back together and they again reproduce, they need to choose from the following selections for their new baby's name... to keep tradition alive of course.

1. Brooklyn Zazu
2. Manhattan Jafar
3. Queens Flounder
4. Soho Captain John Smith

In relation to this post, Good Friend and Good Friend's Man are beginning to talk about what they might name their baby if they should have one someday. Good Friend and Good Friend's Man have very different opinions. (Good Friend's Man seems to have a reason behind nixing every name)

I decided to give my input, so I told Good Friend they should name their baby Jumanji.

This was the convo between Good Friend and Good Friend's Man.

Good Friend: “Hannah thinks we should name our child Jumanji. Thoughts?”

Good Friend's Man: “She’s joking, right?”

Good Friend: “No, she thinks it is a classic name with spunk that pays homage to a great film.”

Good Friend's Man “I don’t even like that movie. No.”

Even the talented Robin Willimas can't please Good Friend's Man. Maybe the baby could be named Hook? or Bicentennial Man?




*note- Good friend is not with child.

4 comments:

  1. hannah - this is hilarious!! at church today we saw a brother and sister named bronx and brooklyn!!!! thought it was weird at first then thought they could add a manhattan, but dont think queens could really pass.... and gary and i just bought jumanji a few weeks ago. this was just perfect LOLL!!! miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it Gretchen! Hope all is well in Cali. I wish I had a reason to wear sunglasses right now...sun being that reason. Blah Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah!! What happened to the other reasons ure glad ure a 90's kid?!! I think Back street boys shud be one unless of course u were an Nsync fan...;-) This made me laugh..good one!! Going by personal preference of course I like Brooklyn Zazu, but that's just me....:-)

    What about Poughkeepsie Clogsworth? lol (am i playin the game right haha....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think whatever Good Friend and Good Friend's Man name their child, it should have some connection to Robin Williams. he's so attractive!

    ReplyDelete