Friday, October 8, 2010

G-Parentals

This week I had an eye infection. GROSS! It was no fun, but some good came out of the situation.

I drove into work Tuesday with vision so bad that I was a road hazard. Almost immeadiatly as I got to work I was sent home. (I work with a bunch of doctors and they weren't about to have my diseased eye up in the office) I couldn't make it all the way home so I stopped at my Grandparents on the way.
How great it is to know that at 22 years old, my grandparents still take care of me. My grandma drove me to the doctor, waited while I had my eye appointment and even bought me lunch.

My Grandma Parsley watches my 2 year old cousin everyday and Emma is really into looking at family photo albums. After Emma was done looking at the books (which was quickly, seeing as how she is a 2 year old) Grandma and I spent over an hour looking at pictures telling stories and remembering family times. I was reminded of just how kind and caring she is. She sacrificed a lot for her family. And she still does every day. From babysitting the kids, to cooking dinners, to taking care of her vision impaired grandaughter. She has a giving spirit and a tender heart that I hope I can show with my family.

Well, my eye got better thanks to Dr. April and I am back in the vision world. But, maybe I had to lose my real vision for a bit to be reminded of the giving spirit I need to have.

1 comment: