Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dopplegangers

I am a big fan of finding dopplegangers for people. Whether it is finding a stranger on the street that highly resembles a best friend of mine or locating their ever popular celebrity match, I am always on the lookout for a good doppleganger.

Through my years of face comparison, i have noticed there are two people I always seem to compare those I meet to most. So here are, in my opinion, the two most dopplegangerable people in the world!

1. Charlie Bucket.

Not Freddy Highmore, but the original, emotional eating, bubble sneaking, golden ticket finding Charlie Bucket. Charlie is an average kid. Kinda grungy, i mean all four of his grandparents do sleep in the same bed (is that not weird to anyone else?), so we wouldn't expect him to be as dapper as Augustus Gloop . I think Charlie has that everyday hero quality. That typical American (although I'm sure there are some comparable Swedes and Brits) boy look. I guess that is why he is so comparable.

2. Slugworth.

I don't know what it is but for some reason my top two most dopplegangerish people are in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I didn't even own this movie for the majority of my life. I guess we can just thank ABC family for playing it so often, on the weeks they aren't playing Mrs. Doubtfire.

Anyway, Maybe it is Slugworth's glasses. Or the intensity of his face. Either way, Slugworth is one comparable villain (i guess technically he is a faux villain but you get the point).

The only bad thing about these people being the most dopplegangerish people is that no one really wants to be compared to them. I recently met someone who resembled Slugworth , and in my best interest I didn't tell him "You know you look like Slugworth...Arthur Slugworth." It doesn't seem to be a good icebreaker.

So, next time you are doing some face comparison watch out for the Charlie Buckets and Slugworths. They're EVERYWHERE.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahhaha... "dopplegangerable"

    also..thanks for the Mrs. Doubtfire shout out. i enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete