Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why I am happy to be a child of the 90s Reason #1 Dreamphone

My next few blog posts are going to be reasons I am glad to be a child of one of the most bizarre decades. The 90s.

I can't emphasize enough how much I loved the boardgame Dreamphone. It was pure joy.


I didn't actually own it.(my mom probably thought it wasn't ok for my 8 year old self to be calling "hunks" and figuring out they mystery of who my destined lover was) However, my babysitter's daughter had it (score) and when I would go over there, you best believe we were calling up some hotties on our Dreamphone.

It was a game of suspense as you figured out by the clues of your "friends" on the phone or the boys themselves who had a crush on you.

The boys would share helpful clues such as:
"He'll eat almost anything...except pizza" (ok, no pizza dates. big deal)
" He has fun wherever he goes...except the movies" (Movies...waste of time?)

And then sometimes your girl friend would call and share
"I just heard...it's not Gary" (Crap..who is it! Anticipation!)

The total letdown was when you would call one of the guys and they would say "I know who it is but I'm not telling. haha"
Ohhh...it just made you want to punch something! Tell me DREAM PHONE. TELL ME MY FATE!

I personally always hoped it would be Dan to tell me the winning words "You're right. I like you!"



Although I wasn't too picky, as long as I didn't get Jason.



What a dweeb!

-Hans

2 comments:

  1. First I am hearing of a dreamphone game...and i thgt the 80's was teh crazy decade?? But the 90's were pretty wild i'll gv u tht!

    p.s. i'm glad I can read ur blog again!!

    ReplyDelete