Friday, December 10, 2010

Danielle Black Loves Christmas Music

This blog is dedicated to Danielle Black seeing as she is my biggest fan and she introduced me to this Christmas cheer.



This is Danielle and I back in the day when she had dreads. How i miss those times.



But, this blog isn't about Danielle (Although I should upload the tribute video called "Platinum" that my friend Chels and I made her soon) this blog is strictly about Christmas music!

I have a few facts I would like you to know about the holiday music and those who sing it to us. Here they are, in no matter of importance. In fact, most of these facts aren't important. We all need to fill our mind with non-important things on occasion and now is as good a time as ever.

1. Amy Grant has released FOUR Christmas albums. four. 4. quatro. And one of those included an album featuring her greatest Christmas hits. I didn't even know that was possible. However, I think the greatest Christmas hits cd is a good one to get. There are some good songs on there! "Do you remember me? I sat upon your knee..."

2. Contrary to Pandora's belief, Josh Groban does not = Christmas. Even though I immediately click the "thumbs down" button, Pandora still sees it best to play a Josh Groban Christmas song every 20 minutes. Lay off it!

Maybe Pandora is secretly run by Josh and even though you try your best to stay away from him and his belty voice, he sneaks one in on you. Now, if he comes on while I listen to my GaGa station, i will send a complaint.

3. Mariah Carey has a ridiculous amount of Christmas music videos. I really don't see this necessary. Maybe one per cd. (She has 2 cds by the way. And the cover of each of them look very similar. Don't you think?)




Maybe it is just the poses. Anway, she has a Christmas music video for the following songs: "All I want for Christmas", "Miss you Most at Christmas", "O Holy Night", "Oh Santa!" "O Come All Ye Faithful/Hallelujah Chorus".

And those are just the ones my Youtube kept suggesting. Gee lady!

4. What do the three Christmas songs "Winter Wonderland", "Jingle Bells", and "Sleigh Ride" have in common?
Answer: None of these songs mention Christmas.
I learned this from a Christmas trivia sheet I grabbed that ended up being a tract. The last question was like "What is the real reason for Christmas" and then the answer sheet gave me a prayer to pray so i could repent my sins. Sneaky Christians sucking me in through my love of trivia competition.

*note- If you are a tract hander outer please do not be offended. I myself am a Christian. But you have to admit, tracts are sneaky.

Well, those are 4 facts you now that you might have not known before. Lucky you! I'm going to go eat a Christmas tree cake now.



-Hannah

2 comments:

  1. HAnnah!!
    1. Why am I all over the Internet!!!!!!!
    2. I didn't know that Mariah had another Christmas album and btw the name for the second one is LAME!!!
    3. I love the fact that you label the blog "Daneielle Black love's Christmas music and then later say that the blog isn't dedicated to me haha...
    4. Do u hv more Christmas tree cakes left for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is dedicated to you, it just isn't entirely about you.

    I have a whole box, come to my house to get them!

    ReplyDelete